Friday, October 3, 2008

Easy-Does-it Sick Day #2

I'm still sick, but I am incrementally better than yesterday—YAY!

I was able to stand up in the bathroom after my shower and brush and braid my hair.  Yesterday, I had to lie down as soon as I got out of the shower.  So that's an improvement.

I still feel incredibly tired.  I feel as if a gallon of coffee and a box of dark chocolate truffles might help.  But they would only make me feel worse later, so I am not caving.  No coffee, no chocolate, I hope.

I am simply going to take it easy.  One minute at a time.

It takes three to four days to clear the system of 75-90% of toxins and tiredness (assuming sleep in the meantime), and ten days to clear it entirely.  I am hoping in a few days to be able to function relatively normally and resume my regular daily activities.

Easy does it, a twelve-step Slogan, reminds us to be gentle with ourselves and  not burden ourselves with more than we can handle. We try to approach life in a relaxed manner while taking responsibility for living in the solution. Things have a way of unfolding when we are willing and patient.

EASY DOES IT!  I need to hear that.  And--DO IT!

1 comment:

bluerose said...

Everyone who suffers from an autoimune disorder also suffers from chronic fatigue. For several months now, this has been a real problem for me, too. I know what you mean about simple tasks like showering. I've been struggling with just being able to fix myself something to eat. I know how we have to take it easy in order to get better, but I have to work. I'm down to only 2 clients now, because I can't handle any more, but I'm not making enough to support myself. If I take it any easier, I'm going to starve.

Friends tell me that it's not good for me to isolate myself, and I know they're right, but I live alone, and don't seem to be able to just pull myself together to socialize. Even blogging has become difficult for me now. What I hear them saying to me is that I'm doing this to myself. I feel lazy and guilty, too. I'm to the point where it's difficult for me to find the energy to get help.

I wish I had something more encouraging to say, but all I can say is - your not alone. I feel your pain. I hope you're back to normal soon.