Friday, January 16, 2009

Successes and Failures, Small for Success

I set three small goals for myself, at the beginning of the year:

  • To write a Geraldine poem,
  • to clean under the Christmas tree and then the table, and clean up old projects
  • and to start a diet.

and here's my report:

  • I wrote a Geraldine poem, which is good, but haven't worked on it or filed it properly (bad)
  • I cleaned under the tree, cleaned the junk off the table, washed the table cloth. I cleaned up SOME of my old projects, but there are so MANY! AK!
  • I started a diet and lost some weight, but last night, during a bad bout of insomnia, when I was up in the middle of the night, I ate multiple slices of white bread and some other junk and gained some weight! :-(

New Goals (small for success):

  1. Review the Geraldine poem I wrote, make any needed changes, FILE properly, read the Dawn assignments, and write one new poem, preferably a Geraldine poem. File that.
  2. Call Muna Beai for a flu shot, blood test etc, and referrals
  3. Restart my diet starting today

mini goal set 2:

  • Begin removing items from the Christmas tree (Ask K to bring up boxes) Goal: to have Christmas tree down by Feb 2 (and not before).
  • Make some positive cleaning changes around tree. Continue to clean up old projects.
  • Do my assignments for painting class and my sketchbook exchange sketches

I am grateful that:

  • I've lost weight (not much, but some)
  • I did make a few positive cleaning changes
  • I have written several new poems including a Geraldine poem
  • I've had interesting dreams
  • I am able to take the painting class
  • I have a loving and tolerant husband
  • at least at the moment, we have what we need
  • there are trees and birds
  • it's sunny outside
  • that I took time to meditate today (I got some good ideas!, lol!)

I am trying not to chastise myself for being so slow at meeting my little goals and cleaning up. I always seem to be so BUSY!

No comments: