Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Celebrating small successes, LOL (And KISS)

4th step note: I tend to be able to complicate anything, no matter how simple.

Take writing thank you notes, for example, for my birthday gifts.
Instead of buying a package of little tank you notes and jotting them
off, and getting back to work, I "have" to paint hand made ones for
each person individually so they will feel truly thanked and
cherished.

It's a slow process and keeps me from FIRST THINGS FIRST--doing my
work, cleaning etc.

But then I get confused about first things. Could creativity and
expressions of love sometimes actually BE the first thing?

When am I procrastinating and when am I doing something important.

Is blogging this, and asking this question just another procrastination?

Perhaps. But the blog could use a little picture. And I am
celebrating another small success--one thank you note completed.
Unfortunately, the mailman came JUST as I was finishing it
(literally!), so it will have to wait until tomorrow to go out.


I have a different way of expressing KISS: Keep it simple, SWEETIE! I can express it very nicely, but can I DO it? Aye, that is the question.

2 comments:

bluerose said...

Handmade personalized thank you notes! Wow!....

Hmm... should I feel guilty?

That could be seen as a bit obsessive, though, but REALLY sweet ;]

But then again, showing love is more important than a clean house, for me. Unless a clean house is showing love, too. I live alone, so what do I know.

Sorry, I'm not much help.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WAHN! I AM obsessive--ridiculously so.

BUT, yeah, I DON'T live alone (Though I DID, for twenty years, before I met Keith!) and I have to consider the other people. And welcoming atmosphere for family and friends to visit. AK.

Like I said, hard time prioritizing.