Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Wheel of Life (and "Fortune")

A. On a scale of 0 - 10, how fulfilled am I in the area of Health
and Fitness? 6

If Health and Fitness were a 10 for me, what three things would be happening?

1. __I would weight 130 pounds (or a lot less than I do now!) and
no longer need a CPAP machine (no obesity or sleep apnea)__

2. __I would sleep well (no insomnia)__

3. __My brain tumor would shrink and disappear__

B. On a scale of 0 - 10, how fulfilled am I in the area of Personal Gorwth? 7

If Personal Growth were a 10 for me, what three things would be happening?

1. __I would be deeply satisfied with who I am and be kind to
myself and others_

2. _I would have a satisfying spiritual practice_

3. _I would be a shamanistic dreamer who meditated, LOL and have a
GREAT sense of humor!_

C. On a scale of 0 - 10, how fulfilled am I in the area of physical
environment? 5

If my physical environamnet were a 10 for me, what three things would
be happening?

1. _my house would be clean, neat, tidy and well-organized_

2. _I would live with closer access to nature__

3. __I would be doing more for the environment_

D. On a scale of 0 - 10, how fulfilled am I in the area of work/career? 7.5

If work/career were a 10 for me, what three things would be happening?

1. _I would be focussing on one project at a time and bringing it
to fruition_

2. _I would be sending out Frog Haven__

3. _I would be writing Geraldine poems_

E. On a scale of 0 - 10, how fulfilled am I in the area of money? 8

If money were a 10 for me, what three things would be happening?

1. __I would have office space to work__

2. __I would have studio space to work__

3. __I would have retirement etc all worked out and school for the kid etc_

F. On a scale of 0 - 10, how fulfilled am I in the area of Love and Romance? 9

If Love and Romance were a 10 for me, what three things would be happening?

1. _Hiking Companion and I could talk better with each other_

2. _Hiking Companion wouldn't have to wrk 58-hour weeks_

3. _HC and I would have sex a little more often_

G. On a scale of 0 - 10, how fulfilled am I in the area of Family and Friends? 7

If Family and Friends were a 10 for me, what three things would be happening?

1. _I would see my family and friends in NY more often_

2. __I would make new friends here_

3. __I would like 3 good friends besides HC and time to have time with them_

On a scale of 0 - 10, how fulfilled am I in the area of Fun and Recreation? 8.5

H. If Fun and Recreation were a 10 for me, what three things would be happening?

1. __I would spend more time in nature_

2. __I would do more interesting things; walk in different places_

3. _I would invent a middle of the week simple fun event_

I like this exercise because it gives a nice overview of strengths and weaknesses in the balance of my life. There were a few things I didn't know where to put--mental/emotional health--does that go under health and fitness? Does spiritual growth go under personal growth? Does mental and emotional well-being crossover between health and fitness and personal growth?

I'd like to spend more time thinking about this, but when I spend too
much time blogging, I feel as if I am slighting other things that I
need to do.

This is a WINGS challenge, but I am afraid to try to link it--last time I did that the whole post collapsed and it took me 45 minutes to fix it. Maybe I will try tomorrow, because there are also some things about the post I'd like to fix.


This exercise generates a list--a sort of to-do list based on eliminating dissatisfactions and problems. I would like to compare that list to one generated the normal way. That would be interesting. It has the advantage of being fairly balanced.

Click image to view larger!

Note: This is a wonderful addition to my STEP 4! YAY!

5 comments:

bluerose said...

Ooo! I like your wheel. You obviously spent more time on yours, than I did mine. And, got more out of this exercise than me. I probably should have been more specific. Maybe if I look at it again, I'll find some things that I should be doing that I'm not already. I'm going to make a to-do list. Maybe that will help me.

I lumped mental health in with physical health, and spiritual growth in with personal growth. For me, working on personal growth, as in self awareness, spiritually, and intellectually/philosophically, will help my health both physically and mentally.

It will also help me with my career and my career goals of helping others, as well as learning to communicate with my family. Right now, blogging is one of the main tools I'm using to learn more and get information for personal growth. You seem to really be getting a lot from it, too. Maybe you shouldn't feel so guilty about spending time on this.

BTW, love your sense of humor ;]

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Oh, now see, I thought yours was better, neater.

I am going through an important period of re-evaluation now that I am 62 and a crone. So this IS good for me, but I feel guilty when I think Ia m neglecting important things--like going to the bank! LOL!

I need to do that NOW--or pretty quick.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I am glad that doing this is good for you in some way, because it is MUCH more fun for ME having YOU as a partner! YAY!

bluerose said...

I am learning so much by participating in this blog, that thank you doesn't seem adequate. I am so grateful to be your partner. And, you're right, it is more fun :D

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

YAY! THANK YOU for doing this with me! YAY!