Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Abundance and Gratitude

I was just rereading Carla's Wings for You post on Abundance and Gratitude. I haven't got much time, but to counteract the down feeling I have from admitting one of my faults, a touch of shame, I thought I would do a quick gratitude list:

1. I am grateful today that Obama won--I know not everyone is, but I am.
2. I am grateful for a warm sunny day (with impending winter to remind me to be grateful!).
3. I am grateful for the beauty of fall colors and the ability to
enjoy that beauty.
4. I am also grateful for:

  • my husband
  • my children
  • my friends
  • their health
  • my relative health
  • the life of my friend Donna who recently passed, her sense of humor,
  • our friendship
  • trees
  • birds
  • flowers
  • seasons
  • an opportunity to write

4 comments:

bluerose said...

I need to do one, too. I've also been meaning to go by the Wings blog. When I get back from work this evening, I'm going to at least do the gratitude list. I need more hours in the day ;]

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Me too. More hours in the day without any more burdens to fill them! YES!

Gratitude lists a good. I need to do more of them.

bluerose said...

I just went by the Wings blog. Ooo, that's a good one. Tomorrow's hectic, and I want to take some time on it. I think I'll work on it Friday [I'll have time then]. I don't think I've ever thought about what abundance means to me.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I want to write about it too--I mean about Abundance as well as gratitude.

It's hard for me to parse my time--I'm working on a manuscript, I have my family. Hard to decide when to set one job aside to do something fun and healing.