Thursday, November 20, 2008

Focusing on the Abundance



A banana tree flower that once had an abundance of bananas on it's stem.

I like Mary's idea of making a list of the things we have plenty of. It's another form of the gratitude list.

I have an abundance of:

- time to work on creative things
- spiritual things, ie. literature and meetings

Hmmm. That's all I can think of. Ok, here's my gratitude list.

I'm grateful for:

- the time and supplies I have for doing creative things [like my camera, so I can take pictures of banana flowers:]]
- the spiritual things, and God providing for me what I need
- having the necessities like shelter, food [not really an abundance of that, money's tight and I'm hungry right now, but I'm not starving] and clothes [I can get by for a little while longer on what I have]
- my computer when it works, and my blogging friends, like Mary, Yea!
- being able to pay my bills this month
- my sister-in-law who is going to take me out the family ranch with her for Thanksgiving this year, so I have something to look forward to

Ok, this has taken me over an hour to do. I've been pretty depressed, but I did it. I can see how Mary struggled with hers last week [or was that the week before?]. Today, work was difficult because of the pain, but I drew in my sketch book, and now I'm playing on the computer to take my mind off of my money and medical problems. I'm doing ok. I'll survive.

4 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

In this one moment, I'm okay!

I'm tired, but I'm OKAY!

I'm a little cranky, but OK.

This was a good list! I appreciate the time and struggle.

I am grateful for:

*the good food I had to eat today.
*The love and companionship and patience of my husband.
*YOU! (Blue Rose).
*My children and friends.
*warmth in the house. (It's cold outside--very cold!)
*art.
*sleep when I get it, and I'd better go try!

Take care of yourself, and may you have new abundance and much to be grateful for.

bluerose said...

You've brought a smile to my face. I hope you sleep well!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I slept a little better.

I am grateful for:

*Hearing and seeing Evelyn Glennie last night--what a virtuoso!
*SUNSHINE
*my husband and children
*my friends, YOU!
*the breakfast my husband made for me.
*a little more sleep
*art
*beauty, and the ability to perceive beauty. The ability to see and enjoy it
*music
* poetry
*dreams

bluerose said...

Wow! I never thought to put dreams on my list. I am very greatful for them. I guess I just take them for granted. Glad to hear you got some sleep, and good list :]