Sunday, April 13, 2008

Gratitude List

gratitude gratitude gratitude

One of the tools of the twelve-step program is the gratitude list. It is also one of the tools of Sonja's happiness program. Being grateful for what I have reminds me that all is not gloom and doom as I sometimes start thinking when things don't seem to be going well.

  • I am grateful today for my sweet loving husband who made me breakfast this morning, and who held me in his arms and cuddled me. Ah sweet love and cuddles! (And I am grateful for how wonderful he smells! Mmmm!)
  • And I am grateful for the yummy breakfast. (And the smell of frying bacon, mmm).
  • I am grateful for a rainy day so I don't feel bad having to do inside things. Though I wish it would be nice for those who can only get out on Sundays!) OH! It's snowing now!
  • I am grateful for snowy days to remind me how wonderful sunny ones are.
  • I am grateful for spring flowers! YAY spring, yay flowers!
  • I am grateful for a warm dry house and warm comfortable clothes on a cold snoy day.
  • I am grateful for trees and their grace, strength, patience, beauty.
  • I am grateful for beauty and the heart to perceive and enjoy it.
  • I am grateful for nature and wildness.
  • I am grateful for space.
  • I am grateful for time to paint, write poetry, work on my novels.

No comments: