Saturday, April 12, 2008

Reality Checks

Reality Checks

  • Where ever you go .......there you are
  • You are not alone
  • Stay sober/clean/abstinent for yourself
  • Look for similarities rather than differences
  • Remember your last drunk, use, bet etc
  • Addiction is incurable, progressive, and fatal
  • It takes time to get better
  • Depression is anger turned inward
  • Control is limited to my own behavior, my own attitudes
  • The flip side to forgiveness is resentments
  • The elevator is broken-------use the 'steps'
  • It isn't the load that weighs us down------it's the way we carry it
  • If I think, I won't drink. If I drink, I can't think
  • Sick and tired of being sick and tired
  • This is a selfish program
  • I drank, ate, gambled, etc: too much---too often---too long
  • Minds are like parachutes----they won't work unless they're open
  • When your head begins to swell your mind stops growing
  • A journey of a 1,000 miles begins with the first step
  • When a person tries to control their addiction they have already lost control

No comments: