Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Gratitude List 4-30-08

Looking back at the gratitude list I made 2 weeks ago, I realized that the same things are still very important to me.

  • I'm thankful for the raw food group meeting tomorrow.
  • For this blog, and Mary's suggestion of doing a gratitude list weekly.
  • For the life coaching challenges I'm working on, because it's really helped to pull me out of a low place this week.
  • For therapy, because it's helping me to learn how to ask for help with dignity.
  • And new to this week, a new client that I started working with today. She has some health problems, one of which is sore lymph nodes. I was able to show her how to relieve that, and she was so excited, that it made my day.
  • For the beautiful weather this week, so I could work my clients out at the park, where I get to work out with them, which always makes me feel better.
  • For all the free time I've had today for "me time".
  • And the thing that I'm most thankful for this week is this morning's random scripture: Isa. 54:4 "Do not be afraid for you will not be put to shame, and do not be humiliated for you will not be disappointed. For you will forget even the shame of your youth, and the reproach of your continuous widowhood you will remember no more." I cried.

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! That's a good random reading.

I was very depressed last night, and had terrible insomnia. I was up almost all night.

When I get really low, I sometimes wonder if life is worth living.

Gratitude lists help me remember that it is.

I am grateful for family and friends, grateful for flowers and vegetables. Yesterday we walked to the nursery and got a flat plus of plants and walked back and planted many of them. I am grateful for spring.

I am so tired, but at least I am not so depressed. I am grateful for wanings of depression. :-)

My son left for a trip to Chicago with his choir this morning. I am grateful for his opportunity and my break.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I am grateful for the grace of trees.