Saturday, April 26, 2008

Re: New jeans, diet report

The wings aren't causing the plateau which has lasted a while--they were the first wings I've had in over a year.  And while wings may be a little fattening, they are easy to recover from.

My eating plan contains various elements:

  • diet is different than abstinence.
  • I have a regular allergy diet--avoid foods I am allergic to:  milk, dairy, soy, nuts, peanuts, etc
  • I have an addictive allergy diet, called abstinence.  This means avoiding totally anything I have an addictive allergy to:  sugar, white flour, alcohol.  (These are difficult to recover from, because of their addictive qualities!)
  • and I have a losing weight diet:
    • small portions of meat, fish, poultry (3-4 oz)
    • avoid snack foods
    • small portions of whole grains
I was sticking to it really well and losing weight in the early part of the year (January and February), but now I've been slipping.  If I stick to the diet and am abstinent, I lose weight, simple as that, and if I slip, I don't.  Yesterday I had a GOOD day!  YAY!  But I need to have another good day today and another one tomorrow, and tomorrow we are eating out with Keith's daughter. Sarah, so that will be harder.

I have lost 33 pounds


On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Heidi wrote:
Wings? You were worried about the beer, and you had wings for dinner?
Hmmm... I'm thinking I know why you are "plateaued."  ;-)
     Are wings on your "abstinence" diet? I guess I don't understand your specific diet, which I know is very unusual because of your food allergies... but still, honestly, I think 4 chicken wings are the equivalent my entire day's calorie intake! Chicken skin is all fat, pretty much. All this aside, you are still doing WONDERFULLY!!!!!! What is your total pounds lost for the year? I'm guessing more than 30 lbs., which is FABULOUS... especially if you can keep it off! A size smaller in pants is proof that you are having much success. I laughed when you said you still look old & fat. Dieting is not going to change your age. But as you get smaller and can exercise more easily, the "fat" look will go away and you'll be more energetic, in less pain, etc. You will FEEL younger! That counts for everything... not too mention, you'll stand to gain a longer, healthier, active life! You are doing GREAT.

1 comment:

bluerose said...

Nutrition Facts
Chicken Wing Servings: of 1 medium wing 1 container (2 medium wings ea.)
Calories98Sodium138 mgTotal Fat7 gPotassium62 mg Saturated2 gTotal Carbs0 g Polyunsaturated0 g Dietary Fiber0 g Monounsaturated0 g Sugars0 g Trans0 gProtein9 gCholesterol28 mg Vitamin A1 %Calcium0 %Vitamin C1 %Iron2 %*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

I'm assuming since you said that they weren't one of your abstinent foods, that the wings weren't battered and fried or smothered in BBQ sauce. Baked chicken is a healthy source of protien. Four wings chicken wings are 392 calories. That is not enough calories for a whole day.